Skip to main content

Last Two Weeks



Live is going on. Live in the new city is a huge change for me. I never realized that one day I'll be working in SariPul Province. So far, I loved most of the things about the city. There is just the matter of price of living here. It is considerably expensive here; well, the rent not the food. Food is the same as in everywhere else in the country. Here I could not find some place cheaper, so I took a block for 4500 Afs per month ($50). 

There is the matter of learning for me here, which is worth a lot more than just 50 bucks. I had three hours of online with our MEAL Manager in Kabul on Thursday. He discussed really useful topics about report writing. No one had taught me these stuff before, so I simply did not know any of the rules about writing a report. However, I learned some very good things which will help me a lot whenever I am writing a report or anything at all. 

Yesterday, I went jogging outside my apartment. The streets around the building where I am staying here are pretty huge. They are two-way streets with huge gardens and lighting in the middle. It was strange, I felt nostalgic while jogging. The street where I had gone for jogging was reminiscent of the streets I used to run on in India. It reminded me of the streets of Kurukshetra University, where I used to run while I was in college. I felt good remembering my good old days. I realized that it had been quite some time since I run. Maybe, I should do it more often. Now that I am here, with plenty of time in my hands, I think, I would be able to continue and even build upon this habit. The reason why I feel exhausted most of the time is, that may be because I don't exercise as often as I should. Quite frankly I did not practice for the past three months. It might be the best use of my spare time while I am at here. I will try to keep up with my exercises more regularly. 


The past two weeks have been very different for me. I had to remember lots of names; I had to and still am, get a comprehensive idea about all my responsibilities in the new organization. I still get some more time to get the hang of everything around here. It is exciting, to be honest, but sometimes when I am alone and have nothing to do; I feel like missing something or someone. 

Every moment that I am here, I want to get out of the country. I want to see the world; I want to continue with my higher education. But, all those things can happen only when I have saved enough money. So, as long as I am here, maybe, I need to try to live and enjoy my life. Worrying is not gonna give me anything, and neither will feeling nostalgic. I know I will get out someday, but I can't seem to convince my heart to relax, to have patience. It is like I can't wait even for another second. Deep down in my heart that I do not belong here. I want to be somewhere far, far away. Some place, where no one and nothing knows. That might sound crazy, of course, but that is the kind of place, I want to go. Every moment that I am not there, I feel like I am not living. 

May God give me the strength to wait until my time comes. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Yet the Life Goes On

And Yet the Life Goes On I have been meaning to write for the last couple of months, but I never got the chance to do so. there is a lot of stuff I want to write about and I honestly do not know where to begin. Nevertheless, I am going to have to begin from somewhere, so here it is: In the last five months while I was working for Save the Children International, a lot of things happened. I got to meet with a lot of good and useful people; I had so much fun working with the FSL team in Andkhoy District of Faryab Province; I found so many good friends; I earned some money and I saved some for my higher education; I fell in love with a beautiful girl and got my heart broken by her; I traveled a lot and got to visit places that I had never before; I learned a lot of things from my supervisor M Alem Abrar, the kindest and the sweetest person in the world and at the end, I left it before even my contract was over.  Now I am with International Medical Corps in a new city far away from home. I

Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan

 Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan  So, these are my last days with IMC-Afghanistan. I joined IMC, at the beginning of July-2022. And I had intended to stay, at least for a year. However, turns out I was not going to stay in Sar-e-Pul city for long; fate had something different for me. I was able to be accepted into World Vision International-Afghanistan, as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in my own home city. The written test for the position was, like two months ago. I don't know why they took so much time to conduct their interviews. Since I was not able to attend the interview in person, I requested them if they would take my interview through Skype, and luckily they agreed. My interview went well, you know, like not really well, but well enough. It seemed that my co-applicants' were not as good as mine. A day after my interview I received a call from WVI-Afghanistan country office in Herat city. The guy, who introduced himself as HR Officer, told m

I am Still Here

  Frankly, I never thought I would be in Afghanistan even after three years of college graduation. By now I thought I'd be somewhere far off but sadly I am still here. I am not sure when I'd be able to leave. I am afraid if I stayed here for long I might not wanna leave. Plus I am getting older by each year. There is the matter of marriage also. I am not sure how much longer I can keep postponing it. I am not worried so much about the marriage though, still, it seems like I should start thinking about it. But then again marriage can wait but education can't.  I am thinking of starting my higher education online. With the Taliban and their unpredictable rules, getting a passport to travel abroad is not guaranteed. So online education is my only way forward. I am thinking of settling down here; if only I could find the right person. Marriage is a very tricky business, there is no margin for error. For now, I can start my online studies and after a year or two when I am close