Skip to main content

Looking for Alaska by John Green




Looking for Alaska by John Green

26/05/2020  8:04 AM 

Yesterday I started reading book. Albeit I bought it a while ago but could not read yet due to some activities which I have been occupied with but I thought this might be the right time to read it. This book has been written by John Green who is an american novelist. I had read one one his book"The fault in our stars" back in 2018, and I really liked it. Despite of being young and new in this area he is pretty good. I searched online about this book, people have had  positive views about this book. Which means that ti's worth reading and I won't be wasting my time. 
I have read 35 pages by far and I got some idea about what story is and how it can go froward. Let's see what events are waiting for me to be discovered....


28/05/2020 3:16 PM 

I just finished the book and I think this book is absolute crap. Very tedious, meaningless and time wasting. I just don't get it how the hell this book won so many prizes. It does not make any sense at all. This book is totally nonsensical no common sense at all. I am super pissed right now. It was more ridiculous than Indian Novels. So this is about a pathetic loser  Miles Halter AKA pudge who goes to boarding school and acts like is being sent to prison for a life time. His  roommate's name is Chip Martin AKA The colonel. Even though they are at the same class same batch but colonel behaves like a final year senior and pudge behaves like a first year junior. Another characters are Alaska who pudge falls in love with really bad and she despite of having a boyfriend flirts with pudge all the time. Some of the scenes are annoyingly masturbatory. And the next is Takumi who is from japan. They are a bunch of stupid kids who always thinking about new pranks against school and some students who they call rich kids. The colonel hates rich  but ironically being rich is  his biggest dream in life. There is nothing else in the story it's all a bunch of pranks and they get busted they regret and feel sorry and after some days do another stupid pranks. They also smoke and drink privately hiding from school authorities. It's is annoying. I just read this book because I bought it and I had to read it because of the money I paid for it. So half the book is about pranks and then Alaska dies in a car accident out of no where after making out with pudge for the first time. And another of half of book is about pudge keep whining about her death and trying to solve the mystery of her death if only there was any. So they think every possible of solving way making stuff from their own. The end is super lame. Instead of moaning for her death they plan another stupid prank for her memorial. And that's it semester finishes and everyone goes to their respected homes. 

can you believe it a book as lame as it is gets to win lots of prizes??.   
Do not read this damn book. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Yet the Life Goes On

And Yet the Life Goes On I have been meaning to write for the last couple of months, but I never got the chance to do so. there is a lot of stuff I want to write about and I honestly do not know where to begin. Nevertheless, I am going to have to begin from somewhere, so here it is: In the last five months while I was working for Save the Children International, a lot of things happened. I got to meet with a lot of good and useful people; I had so much fun working with the FSL team in Andkhoy District of Faryab Province; I found so many good friends; I earned some money and I saved some for my higher education; I fell in love with a beautiful girl and got my heart broken by her; I traveled a lot and got to visit places that I had never before; I learned a lot of things from my supervisor M Alem Abrar, the kindest and the sweetest person in the world and at the end, I left it before even my contract was over.  Now I am with International Medical Corps in a new city far away from home. I

Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan

 Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan  So, these are my last days with IMC-Afghanistan. I joined IMC, at the beginning of July-2022. And I had intended to stay, at least for a year. However, turns out I was not going to stay in Sar-e-Pul city for long; fate had something different for me. I was able to be accepted into World Vision International-Afghanistan, as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in my own home city. The written test for the position was, like two months ago. I don't know why they took so much time to conduct their interviews. Since I was not able to attend the interview in person, I requested them if they would take my interview through Skype, and luckily they agreed. My interview went well, you know, like not really well, but well enough. It seemed that my co-applicants' were not as good as mine. A day after my interview I received a call from WVI-Afghanistan country office in Herat city. The guy, who introduced himself as HR Officer, told m

I am Still Here

  Frankly, I never thought I would be in Afghanistan even after three years of college graduation. By now I thought I'd be somewhere far off but sadly I am still here. I am not sure when I'd be able to leave. I am afraid if I stayed here for long I might not wanna leave. Plus I am getting older by each year. There is the matter of marriage also. I am not sure how much longer I can keep postponing it. I am not worried so much about the marriage though, still, it seems like I should start thinking about it. But then again marriage can wait but education can't.  I am thinking of starting my higher education online. With the Taliban and their unpredictable rules, getting a passport to travel abroad is not guaranteed. So online education is my only way forward. I am thinking of settling down here; if only I could find the right person. Marriage is a very tricky business, there is no margin for error. For now, I can start my online studies and after a year or two when I am close