Skip to main content

If_It's_Not_Forever by Durjoy_Datta_&_Nikita_Singh

If_It's_Not_Forever by Durjoy_Datta_&_Nikita_Singh


7/05/2020 10:47PM
This is the next book from those three books which I am currently reading. I came across this book when I was searching PDF books for my friend in Afghanistan. Then I searched it on google, rating was good and also 96% people have liked it already, So I thought what the hell! just read it. This book has been written by my two favorite Indian Novelists Durjoy Datta and the beautiful Nikita Singh. Last year I had read their another shared Novel. It was #Some_one_Like_you, which was incredible. I really loved it. 

Also It's been a long time for me since I read a romantic Novel. Right now I am in page 45. I liked the story let's see what will happen next. I might write the short version of it later on here. Now let's go back to book....

10/05/2020 4:29 AM

  I finished the book

I short I loved the book, it was worth reading. This was entirely about true and selfless love. It was about a couple of young adults. The story teller in this book is Deb. who is boyfriend of Avantika and hopelessly in love with her. Deb has also a best friend and working partner in their publishing house; Shrey. Shrey is a  complete and confident playboy who used to date and break with beautiful girls all the time but through the story he dates an eighteen years old beautiful and bright girl whose name is Tiya.

   So story begins when Deb meets with a tragic blast. It is a huge explosion in New Delhi. He survives but he gets a strong shock from that blast. It gives him a different view about life, he decides to live life differently and tell Avatika that he loves her every chance he gets. After a couple of days of blast finally Deb decides to go to office which he has not since the blast. On the to his office he passes through the place where the explosion occurred, he stay there for a while in a corner looking and imagining wild stuff. He could not take his mind off of the thought that he could have been dead in that blast like many other people. When he gets up to leave for office, a municipality worker; apparently cleaning the mess there hands him a burned diary of someone asked him if it was his. He says yes and takes the diary. This is where the actual story begins. He assumes that the author of the diary must have died in that died in that accident. He reads the diary and feels terribly sorry for the guys who wrote it.

    The diary was burned a couple of pages from both sides so he could not find any address or phone number to submit this to a right person. He reads it over and over again until he memorized it by heart. Apparently the diary was form a guy named Ritam; which he later on finds out, who was hopelessly in love a girl called Ragini. So in this diary he had written about his one sided and quite painful love story. Deb gets some information from reading it, so whom he should contact to find Ragini the love of Ritam's life. Because from the diary he finds out that Ritam never told her about his love for her or confessed ii you will and he has been out of touch with for a long time before his death. He thinks that this might be his redemption to find Ragini and tell her that how much Ritam loved her and what she meant to her. Taking clues from diary he starts his journey from new with his dear and best friend Shrey who thinks that his best friend asked him to go on a road trip with him. They travel with Shrey's car. They first go to Dehradun( North_India), where Tiya Shrey's gorgeous eighteen years old girlfriend joins them. From Dehradun they travel to Banaras( Holy city for Hindu people) here Avankita joins them too. They travel with a car and in some part Shrey and Tiya get a bike for their-selves. The travel forth and back to many places in search of Ragini. During this Novel I thought I was literally travelling to all those breathtaking places. Their  journey takes different and wonderful turns. It is so beautiful to read all those evens and  scenes while picturing it in your mind.

 I am not gonna tell what will happen next and will they find Ragini or not, how the story ends you gotta find out by yourself by reading this beautiful book, with an incredibly easy vocabulary. I did enjoy it a lot and I will recommend it to everyone who wanna read an easy and sweet love story in these lock_down days.

Here are some beautiful lines from this book. 


"Just as she walked past me, I felt the world come a standstill, the birds stopped chirping, the wind stopped blowing and the sun stopped shining..... It was only her, it was only me."

"Caring about what others think is the biggest jail one can put oneself in."

*"Being loved and wanted is the most amazing feeling in the world...it's like a whole new experience."

"When you're in love, it's meant for life, isn't it?"

"Avantika: 'Do I look happy when I am asleep?'
Deb: 'Yes, you do.'
Avantika: 'Then I'm sure I'm dreaming about you'...

These little things are what make my life worth living."

link for the book 

All the best!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Yet the Life Goes On

And Yet the Life Goes On I have been meaning to write for the last couple of months, but I never got the chance to do so. there is a lot of stuff I want to write about and I honestly do not know where to begin. Nevertheless, I am going to have to begin from somewhere, so here it is: In the last five months while I was working for Save the Children International, a lot of things happened. I got to meet with a lot of good and useful people; I had so much fun working with the FSL team in Andkhoy District of Faryab Province; I found so many good friends; I earned some money and I saved some for my higher education; I fell in love with a beautiful girl and got my heart broken by her; I traveled a lot and got to visit places that I had never before; I learned a lot of things from my supervisor M Alem Abrar, the kindest and the sweetest person in the world and at the end, I left it before even my contract was over.  Now I am with International Medical Corps in a new city far away from home. I

Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan

 Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan  So, these are my last days with IMC-Afghanistan. I joined IMC, at the beginning of July-2022. And I had intended to stay, at least for a year. However, turns out I was not going to stay in Sar-e-Pul city for long; fate had something different for me. I was able to be accepted into World Vision International-Afghanistan, as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in my own home city. The written test for the position was, like two months ago. I don't know why they took so much time to conduct their interviews. Since I was not able to attend the interview in person, I requested them if they would take my interview through Skype, and luckily they agreed. My interview went well, you know, like not really well, but well enough. It seemed that my co-applicants' were not as good as mine. A day after my interview I received a call from WVI-Afghanistan country office in Herat city. The guy, who introduced himself as HR Officer, told m

I am Still Here

  Frankly, I never thought I would be in Afghanistan even after three years of college graduation. By now I thought I'd be somewhere far off but sadly I am still here. I am not sure when I'd be able to leave. I am afraid if I stayed here for long I might not wanna leave. Plus I am getting older by each year. There is the matter of marriage also. I am not sure how much longer I can keep postponing it. I am not worried so much about the marriage though, still, it seems like I should start thinking about it. But then again marriage can wait but education can't.  I am thinking of starting my higher education online. With the Taliban and their unpredictable rules, getting a passport to travel abroad is not guaranteed. So online education is my only way forward. I am thinking of settling down here; if only I could find the right person. Marriage is a very tricky business, there is no margin for error. For now, I can start my online studies and after a year or two when I am close