Skip to main content

I am going to start a YouTube Channel!

 I am going to start a YouTube Channel!



For the last couple of years I have been thinking about creating a YouTube channel to share my life experiences and other stuff, however, I never got to do actually anything about it. My obsession with YouTube started back in 2016 when I arrived in India, where I was provided with unlimited internet access with a pretty awesome speed, thanks to Indian government. And then when I started working on my English in the beginning of 2017, I thought that one day in a very near future I will create a YouTube channel where I will speak merely in English. Since then it’s been five years and I am not any nearer to implementing that plan than I was five years ago. I finished college a year and a half ago and since then I never had anybody with whom I could talk openly and freely in English, like I used to with my Indian friends back in India.

          Frankly I thought I need to work on my speaking some more in order to pull this thing off. However, all the work that I have put on learning this language, did not give me the confidence that I thought I needed in order to create my YouTube channel. So I thought to myself what if I never felt that confident? What if I never got to be a fluent speaker of English language? Then my dream would remain a dream forever and I don’t think I would not be disappointed of myself five or ten years later down the road. So why not just do it right now? What would be the worst scenario?

Like most people I am also terrified of making a fool of myself in front of the world but then again people are pretty much occupied with their own lives and actions to actually care about mine. Sometimes I think everyone around me is watching every move of mine carefully in order to find something to criticize or at least talk about, but it is possible, since I am not observing anybody around me for criticism, neither would anybody me.

English Fluency

The next and last issue has been my fluency in English. I have come to be pretty good at finding the right words to express my thoughts and feelings in writing but when it comes to speaking, due to the lack of exercise, I never felt confident about it, not even after reading more than three hundred books in English. Therefore, it is possible that it might never happen until I actually start speaking. So I am going to start from this moment on. This actually is going to be on the top of my new year’s resolution for 2022. Even though we have another week till the end of the current year, I think, I should not waste even another day to put this plan in action. Who knows, I might be able to make one or two videos until the next year arrives.

Topics I am going to talk about

Books

Since I am not an important person or an expert in any subject I do not have to discuss all those important stuff happening in the world around me. On the top of my head about the topics I can talk about is, my books. I read books. I love and enjoy reading them. So it would not be probably such a bad idea to talk about them online. I mean there are millions of people around the world who share my love for books, hopefully they will be my audience when I am talking about books.

Situation in Afghanistan

And there is also my country which sadly has become a big mess right now. I can talk about all the challenge I along with my people are facing under the regime of Taliban. I can be voice of millions of poor and uneducated Afghans who have no way of raising their concerns and worries. I think this might be a very positive and useful aspect of my channel. I mean, I am not sure there is any Afghan who is sharing people’s troubles to the outside world by using an international language while staying living inside the country. There are millions of good people around the world who have the means and will to help poverty and disaster driven people of Afghanistan. I can be a way through which those people can reach to Afghans. Of course there are a lot of news channels national as well as international who are operating but let’s face it most people do not watch TV anymore, let alone news. Watching news leaves us with an unpleasant feeling. That’s why more and are more young adults are quieting watching news entirely. I have not started my first videos and ideas are already pouring in my mind. Wow! Good for me…

Internet connection

There is another issue but I think I can handle it. I need internet connection in order to upload my videos on YouTube. And since internet packages are very expensive in Afghanistan right now, I will hardly be able to upload a video every week. I believe that is fine for now. In the future I might be able to get an actual job and purchase some better internet packages. My videos should not be more than 15 minutes, otherwise it would be unaffordable to upload it on YouTube. I just need to remember that I am investing little money that I have on my hobby. So I need to be a little frugal about it, just not to dry up my financial resources too soon. It is not like I am going to get anything in return. It is just going to be a way through which I will be able to keep practicing English language and also in the process I might be able to help my poor people. Frankly at this point calling my people poor would be showing a little arrogance from my side, since I can technically be classified among poor class of people. I do not have any income source whatsoever and I am living in my parents’ house.

Editing the Videos

The next part after shooting my videos would be editing them. And since I have no experience in that regard, I think it will be challenging for me. At this point, I suppose it is safe to say that this is going to be the least of my problems. My videos do not have to be like perfect. I can do some editing in order to make them more attractive and that’s it, at least for now.

Microphone

I am going to need a microphone in order to record a better sound but as you must have guessed it, I cannot afford buying one at this time. I am going to have to proceed without a microphone. Perhaps this would be fine for now, since it is the earlier stages of this project. Until I will be able to afford an actual microphone, camera’s would do the trick, I guess.

Strengths

Among all these challenges, I believe it would be unfair to not mention my strengths here as well. I have a wonderful computer which I love working on. Plus my canon 77D DSLR camera is beyond perfect for YouTube. I bought them both in India with my stipend money which I was receiving through the scholarship I was granted by the government of India because of my high score in Kankor (National Examination for university entrance in Afghanistan).  I believe I made the right choice by saving my stipends and then buying some useful stuff for myself.

I think I made this piece lengthier than I had intended. That’s enough for now. Wish me luck!!! I will try my best to do a good job. The idea itself is very exhilarating for me, let’s see how amazing the implementation is going to be.

For a better future for Afghanistan.

Faramarz Majedi



         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Yet the Life Goes On

And Yet the Life Goes On I have been meaning to write for the last couple of months, but I never got the chance to do so. there is a lot of stuff I want to write about and I honestly do not know where to begin. Nevertheless, I am going to have to begin from somewhere, so here it is: In the last five months while I was working for Save the Children International, a lot of things happened. I got to meet with a lot of good and useful people; I had so much fun working with the FSL team in Andkhoy District of Faryab Province; I found so many good friends; I earned some money and I saved some for my higher education; I fell in love with a beautiful girl and got my heart broken by her; I traveled a lot and got to visit places that I had never before; I learned a lot of things from my supervisor M Alem Abrar, the kindest and the sweetest person in the world and at the end, I left it before even my contract was over.  Now I am with International Medical Corps in a new city far away from home. I

Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan

 Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan  So, these are my last days with IMC-Afghanistan. I joined IMC, at the beginning of July-2022. And I had intended to stay, at least for a year. However, turns out I was not going to stay in Sar-e-Pul city for long; fate had something different for me. I was able to be accepted into World Vision International-Afghanistan, as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in my own home city. The written test for the position was, like two months ago. I don't know why they took so much time to conduct their interviews. Since I was not able to attend the interview in person, I requested them if they would take my interview through Skype, and luckily they agreed. My interview went well, you know, like not really well, but well enough. It seemed that my co-applicants' were not as good as mine. A day after my interview I received a call from WVI-Afghanistan country office in Herat city. The guy, who introduced himself as HR Officer, told m

I am Still Here

  Frankly, I never thought I would be in Afghanistan even after three years of college graduation. By now I thought I'd be somewhere far off but sadly I am still here. I am not sure when I'd be able to leave. I am afraid if I stayed here for long I might not wanna leave. Plus I am getting older by each year. There is the matter of marriage also. I am not sure how much longer I can keep postponing it. I am not worried so much about the marriage though, still, it seems like I should start thinking about it. But then again marriage can wait but education can't.  I am thinking of starting my higher education online. With the Taliban and their unpredictable rules, getting a passport to travel abroad is not guaranteed. So online education is my only way forward. I am thinking of settling down here; if only I could find the right person. Marriage is a very tricky business, there is no margin for error. For now, I can start my online studies and after a year or two when I am close