Skip to main content

The Things We Do For Love

 

 

The Things We Do For Love         

              Love might be the greatest word, humans have ever created. It is pure and simple, at the same time; it is dangerous and complicated as well. It possesses the power to destroy you; it has also the ability to transform you into something that even you can’t recognize. People tend to forget who they are when they are in love. They tend to go way beyond and way ahead; too high and too far; too deep indeed. Lovers don’t give a f*ck about rights or wrongs; about goods or evils; about people or things; about dead or alive.  They want what they want; they want each other, nothing more and nothing less, that’s what they want. People say the heart wants what the heart wants; it’s indeed true. Love appears to be one way street, there is no turning back. People seem to thrive when they are in love. It can also be proven self-destructive as well; ruining entire universes in a blink of an eye.

There is no one definition that can cover all aspects of love. It is not virtually but literally impossible to define it with a single line. Because the word of love has been proven, so huge and so vast, so big and so massive, that trying to do so, would be a foolish thing to do, without any tangible outcome whatsoever. Love is the water of life; you wouldn’t understand water, unless you dive deep into its ocean. As a disease can only be described by a patient; the love can only be defined by a lover. We cannot possibly fathom something fully, unless we live it through. Sometimes to learn is to live.

There have been written thousands of stories, fiction as well as non-fiction; about lovers who loved each other with the same intensity and enthusiasm, or as two sided love, people call it nowadays. However, there haven’t been many written texts about people who didn’t receive love in return. History hasn’t been kind to people who just gave and gave love, but never got it in return. Perhaps that is the definition of selfless love, to give and never expect anything in return. I believe, there are more one sided lovers in the world than two sided; I myself being a living example of that truth. It is almost impossible to make our loved ones, feel about us, the way we do about them, since love can’t be forced. It is a magical and spontaneous thing; either it happens or not. There is no middle ground. When it happens, the world seems to be in a rhythm of its own. Ask someone about the beauty of life, who has just fallen in love.

Not receiving love in return might be the most excruciating and agonizing pain in the world. Words seem to be unable to describe that pain that anguish and that suffering. You wouldn’t know where it hurts, but would certainly know that it indeed hurts. World seems to be falling apart for someone who has got his/her heart broken by someone who they loved dearly. It is hardly viable to extrapolate the intensity of madness in someone who takes his/her own life because of love. For people it would be pure madness but for the lover it’s sheer affection. It’s just a matter of different perspectives. It’s hard to breathe knowing that the person you love is with someone else. After thousands of years of life on earth we humans have come to believe that life is the most important and most precious thing we have got. So, just try to envision the state of mind of someone who gives up on life because of LOVE.

The things we do for love might be the most innocent things we do, regardless of their morality. They say everything is fair in love and war. Therefore, people fight battles and wars to be with the person they love. Beyond the innocent feelings of love nothing seems to matter. We do what we got to do, to get what is ours; our LOVE. History is filled with the names of the people who fought for love, who went and never came back for love. Those people achieved immortality through their love. Today, even though dead; they still are alive through their love and will be centuries later. They will be remembered by lovers; who will be inspired by their fearless attitude towards obstacles of love. Generations of lovers will be awed by sacrifices they made to survive the storms of love.

Over the centuries we never had any scarcity of lovers in our civilizations. They were and are always there. They are the souls of the society. Without them, we would have soulless societies. Life would have no meaning at all. Away from greed, lust and manipulations of life; LOVERS are the heart of the society.

care to mentions your thoughts.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Yet the Life Goes On

And Yet the Life Goes On I have been meaning to write for the last couple of months, but I never got the chance to do so. there is a lot of stuff I want to write about and I honestly do not know where to begin. Nevertheless, I am going to have to begin from somewhere, so here it is: In the last five months while I was working for Save the Children International, a lot of things happened. I got to meet with a lot of good and useful people; I had so much fun working with the FSL team in Andkhoy District of Faryab Province; I found so many good friends; I earned some money and I saved some for my higher education; I fell in love with a beautiful girl and got my heart broken by her; I traveled a lot and got to visit places that I had never before; I learned a lot of things from my supervisor M Alem Abrar, the kindest and the sweetest person in the world and at the end, I left it before even my contract was over.  Now I am with International Medical Corps in a new city far away from home. I

Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan

 Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan  So, these are my last days with IMC-Afghanistan. I joined IMC, at the beginning of July-2022. And I had intended to stay, at least for a year. However, turns out I was not going to stay in Sar-e-Pul city for long; fate had something different for me. I was able to be accepted into World Vision International-Afghanistan, as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in my own home city. The written test for the position was, like two months ago. I don't know why they took so much time to conduct their interviews. Since I was not able to attend the interview in person, I requested them if they would take my interview through Skype, and luckily they agreed. My interview went well, you know, like not really well, but well enough. It seemed that my co-applicants' were not as good as mine. A day after my interview I received a call from WVI-Afghanistan country office in Herat city. The guy, who introduced himself as HR Officer, told m

I am Still Here

  Frankly, I never thought I would be in Afghanistan even after three years of college graduation. By now I thought I'd be somewhere far off but sadly I am still here. I am not sure when I'd be able to leave. I am afraid if I stayed here for long I might not wanna leave. Plus I am getting older by each year. There is the matter of marriage also. I am not sure how much longer I can keep postponing it. I am not worried so much about the marriage though, still, it seems like I should start thinking about it. But then again marriage can wait but education can't.  I am thinking of starting my higher education online. With the Taliban and their unpredictable rules, getting a passport to travel abroad is not guaranteed. So online education is my only way forward. I am thinking of settling down here; if only I could find the right person. Marriage is a very tricky business, there is no margin for error. For now, I can start my online studies and after a year or two when I am close