Skip to main content

Remorse




    I am sitting in my chair in the middle of the garden laying my feet to a wooden chair, holding my laptop in my lap. Birds are singing all around the parameter. Now that there is no traffic on the road and no student in the college their songs are vivid, very clear and kinda melody. Sky is cloudy and the weather is a little colder than what it is used to be at this time of the year.

    Today is not different from any other day. I woke up again with a sense of determination that today I will study hard and start preparation for my final papers. But haven't started yet, watched two movies, in between slept for a while, had lunch which was no so great by the way then came outside with my computer thinking that I should read the book which I started two days ago but after three pages got bored. I gotta tell you reading from a PDF file in your laptop is not such an easy thing to do. I have tried before but failed excessively now that no other option is available because of lockdown I had to give it another shot.

  Everyday day is the same, everyday I wanna start changing my life for better but every time I fail to do so. and this feeling of remorse everyday combines and make my body heavier than what it actually is. I wanted to do lots of stuff achieve lots of goals, realize a bunch of dreams. But I always lack the courage to take action. I feel like something or someone is holding me back and surprisingly for the life of me I could never figure out what that is?!

   These feelings of failure, guilt, remorse do me no good that make me self pity myself. Sometimes I get so angry on myself but how am I supposed to punish myself consciously? whereas I am being punished every second by my subconscious. I feel like I am trapped is some shitty hole and I have no idea about exit way. Truth be known I have tried everything but by far nothing worked although in some cases I had some triumph but not what I wanted,

   Sometimes you work you ass off to achieve something and you do not get after that something inside you dies like believing in your dreams or hard work to fulfill your destiny. At least in my case that was it. Apart from all failures and misery I have to add my medical condition too, I have had a very bad nick-ache for the last four and a half years. This pain never leaves my side I can't keep my head straight for a few minutes I have to hold it with my hands. It feels really really I can't even talk to anyone about this.

 I am still hopeful that one day I will wake up and change my life completely, fulfill all my dreams, do things I have always dreamed about, Make crazy adventures everyday, Love someone so much and at night when I get back to my bed not with remorse but gratitude for myself and for everything that I have while looking forward for tomorrow and it's adventures.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Yet the Life Goes On

And Yet the Life Goes On I have been meaning to write for the last couple of months, but I never got the chance to do so. there is a lot of stuff I want to write about and I honestly do not know where to begin. Nevertheless, I am going to have to begin from somewhere, so here it is: In the last five months while I was working for Save the Children International, a lot of things happened. I got to meet with a lot of good and useful people; I had so much fun working with the FSL team in Andkhoy District of Faryab Province; I found so many good friends; I earned some money and I saved some for my higher education; I fell in love with a beautiful girl and got my heart broken by her; I traveled a lot and got to visit places that I had never before; I learned a lot of things from my supervisor M Alem Abrar, the kindest and the sweetest person in the world and at the end, I left it before even my contract was over.  Now I am with International Medical Corps in a new city far away from home. I

Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan

 Last days with International Medical Corps-Afghanistan  So, these are my last days with IMC-Afghanistan. I joined IMC, at the beginning of July-2022. And I had intended to stay, at least for a year. However, turns out I was not going to stay in Sar-e-Pul city for long; fate had something different for me. I was able to be accepted into World Vision International-Afghanistan, as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in my own home city. The written test for the position was, like two months ago. I don't know why they took so much time to conduct their interviews. Since I was not able to attend the interview in person, I requested them if they would take my interview through Skype, and luckily they agreed. My interview went well, you know, like not really well, but well enough. It seemed that my co-applicants' were not as good as mine. A day after my interview I received a call from WVI-Afghanistan country office in Herat city. The guy, who introduced himself as HR Officer, told m

I am Still Here

  Frankly, I never thought I would be in Afghanistan even after three years of college graduation. By now I thought I'd be somewhere far off but sadly I am still here. I am not sure when I'd be able to leave. I am afraid if I stayed here for long I might not wanna leave. Plus I am getting older by each year. There is the matter of marriage also. I am not sure how much longer I can keep postponing it. I am not worried so much about the marriage though, still, it seems like I should start thinking about it. But then again marriage can wait but education can't.  I am thinking of starting my higher education online. With the Taliban and their unpredictable rules, getting a passport to travel abroad is not guaranteed. So online education is my only way forward. I am thinking of settling down here; if only I could find the right person. Marriage is a very tricky business, there is no margin for error. For now, I can start my online studies and after a year or two when I am close